Cambodia is a little known place and until recently untouched by tourism. However it is now recovering from its past slowly and increasing number of travelers are rediscovering Cambodia’s attractions. The kingdom of Cambodia boasts some of the most magnificent and stunning sights on the planet. The tourist attractions in this country are considerable and diversified in nature. From the massive ancient temples, isolated dense forests, untouched islands, white sandy beaches, vibrant wildlife, impressive world wonders to the beautiful architectural sites Cambodia is really amazing. Yes, Cambodia holidays will give an insight into the beautiful kingdom of Cambodia.
What is Unique about Cambodia?
If you would like to take a trip that is a bit out of the ordinary Cambodia is the perfect choice. In Cambodia you can be immersed in its rich cultural heritage and history, experience the immaculate beauty and most of all be taken up by the compassionate and incredibly friendly Cambodian people. There is something magical about Cambodia that casts a spell on the tourists. From their welcoming charm, delicious Cambodian cuisine to the historical treasures everything is unique making Cambodia holidays a truly unforgettable experience.
Top destination spots in Cambodia
1. Angkor: One of the most distinguished tourist attraction spot in Cambodia and one of the most magnificent sites on the earth is the Angkor. This spot is a huge and massive temple that features the remains of a few capitals of the Khmer Empire. Angkor Wat temple which is a fusion of symbolism, symmetry and spirituality is the world’s biggest single religious monument. The architectural and artistic works on the pillars that depict the Gods and demons are excellent masterpieces.
2. Sihanoukville: This is yet another popular Cambodian destination also referred to as Kampong Som by the natives. This region is covered by breathtaking sandy white beaches and several unexplored tropical islands. There are innumerable beach resorts which attracts tourists from across the globe. This place is a perfect haven to unwind and relax oneself.
3. Silver pagoda: The Silver pagoda is situated within the Royal palace in Phnom Penh. They have many gold Buddha statues of which a 17th century crystal Buddha statue is very famous as it is studded with diamonds and emeralds. The inner walls of the Silver pagoda are decorated with artistic murals depicting the Ramayana mythology.
4. Bokor National Park: This park is the home for many endangered species of tiger and elephant. Located in a high altitude it allows a picturesque view of the Vietnamese and Cambodian coastal line.
5. Siem Reap: This is a small and lively town located near the famous and impressive Angkor temples. It is a fascinating portal town to the world renowned Angkor temples. It has changed itself into a major tourist hub with its vibrant night life, multi cuisine restaurants and markets.
6. Preah Vihear: This is also yet another temple city in the kingdom of Cambodia. There are many temples devoted to the Hindu God Shiva constructed by the Khmer kings.
7. Tonle Sap: One should not miss this huge dumb bell shaped fresh water lake which is one of Cambodia’s distinctive landscapes.
If you are looking for a totally different holiday experience Cambodia will absolutely thrill you. Get ready to experience and explore the magic of this incredibly beautiful country which is full of pleasant surprises for you. Cambodia holidays are a paradise for the people who wish to explore the many wonders of the ancient world.