Stockholm Travel Guide
This place offers fabulous hotels, great shopping, elegant eateries, lively cultural aura, and internationally famous music and club scene. A person can walk through all of the city and sites on foot easily. Exploration of this city is very easily possible on foot and is the best way also. A completely different facet of this beautiful city will be witnessed having a boat trip. June, July and August are the best months to visit this place as it is warm and sunny then. During this time the temperature is around 21 degrees Celsius. Outdoor events, excellent weather, lots of activities and long days (Midnight Summer) are witnessed during the month of June.
The city has a very effective and efficient rail network that is modern and well-equipped to handle all forms of weather conditions. The motorways and roads do not witness much traffic and are well maintained. Vintage steamers, canal boats and ferries are offered in the city’s islands, canals and lakes.
Attractions in Stockholm
1. Drottningholm Palace and Theatre – this place is very spectacular and grand. The palace is still the home of the royals but a part of it is opened for the visitors.
2. Millesgarden – this place has major art pieces on display including the reproduced-sculptured of the famous Hands of God. All these can be found by scrolling through the garden that is excellent copies of some of the famous art works.
3. Stadsshuset – this is one of the finest examples of modern architecture where Nobel prizes are distributed. The best view of the old Gamla Stan town can be seen from the top of the 100 meter high tower. This is allowed in the summers.
4. AG925 – This place is the best for people looking for the underground and countercultural environment.
5. Blue Moon Bar is a street-level bar and basement that is also a restaurant and nightclub. This place attracts supermodels and TV actors with its décor that is chic and modern.
6. Cosmopol – This is a world class club building having four bars and two restaurants.
Accommodation in Stockholm– A person looking for accommodations here can go for hotels like the Acapulco hotel that offers really affordable prices.These are just the perfect choices for families or groups. The finest and most elegant hotel that offers extreme luxury and hospitality is the Grand Hotel. There are many other accommodations available here. Apart from all these, there are excellent restaurants like the Cattelin Restaurant and F12 here.
Some more things to do in Stockholm –
Around Gotland is one of the most well-known yacht races that is organised here which should in no case be missed. Stockholm proudly hosts the white steamboat fleet in July.